COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It's caused by a type of virus called Coronavirus and is thought to be spread through human contact. The parish is following the guidance of our diocese, the Catholic Bishops' Conference of England and Wales and the health authorities.
Services with a congregation present in church continue under the national "lockdown" effective 5th January 2021.
Despite being allowed to remain open we must be careful and extra vigilant. Please do not come to church if you or someone in your household has symptoms of COVID-19, sanitise your hands when you enter and leave, wear a face covering, practice social distancing and do not mingle with anyone outside of your household or support bubble. Please also do not feel obligated to come to church if you are supposed to be shielding, follow us online instead. Remember the obligation to attend Mass is currently remitted.
You can read the new government guidance for yourself at: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home.
All our services are live-streamed on the internet.
Please be assured of our prayers, pray for each other and our priests at this time, and be sure to follow us on social media or call us to keep in touch .
For further information and updates, please follow us using the social media links below. Our Lady, help of the sick; St Kentigern, pray for us.
For live-streams of Mass and other services from our parish, you can either watch on your PC/Phone/Tablet on the Facebook website or using the Facebook app using the link below, or if you do not have/want a Facebook account, or want to watch on your Smart TV at home, you can watch on YouTube.
- Our Weekly Bulletin
- Parish Facebook page
- Parish Instagram
- Parish YouTube
- Parish Centre Facebook page
We post all our video and audio content to YouTube for those without access to social media. Please subscribe to our channel and press the notification bell to receive a notification when new content is uploaded.
- Lancaster Diocese COVID-19 advice
- Bishop Paul's weekly blog
- Lancaster Cathedral YouTube channel also hosting Bishop Paul's video messages
- Lancaster Catholic Voice newspaper (December Edition)
For Children and Parents
- Sunday Liturgy for families
- Spiritual Communion for children
- Diocese compiled list of resources for parents and teachers
- Diocese Education service News and Resources
- Christ the King Catholic Academy website
- St Mary's Catholic Academy website
- St Kentigern's Catholic Primary School website
Other resources worth watching or listening to
- EWTN (Eternal Word Television Network) GB YouTube videos and live TV
- Catholic Church England and Wales Audio Podcasts
- Catholic Church England and Wales YouTube videos